therapy; care; relation; attitude; behavior
procurement
helicopter
pair
treatment

what is the meaning of gills?

What is quavers and qualms? | What's the difference between 'some time' and 'sometime'?
what is the meaning of gills? #1 (permalink) Fri May 02, 2008 10:02 am   what is the meaning of gills?

"When we went out on patrol in Vietnam, we were always armed to the .........," Hector reminisced.

(a) gills
(b) tank
(c) teeth
(d) mind

"When we went out on patrol in Vietnam, we were always armed to the teeth," Hector reminisced.

Correct answer: (c) teeth
_________________________

what is the meaning of gills?

Jerrak
Jerrak

what is the meaning of gills? #2 (permalink) Fri May 02, 2008 10:37 am   what is the meaning of gills?

.
The flaps on the sides of a fish's head-- part of its breathing apparatus.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does dwell mean?difference between 'of course' and 'path'difference between economic and economicalidiom: to back the wrong horsewouldn't 'go ahead' work jsut as well as 'go on'?meaning of "on one's side"making me watch movies during the exam?What is a reformed backseat driver?meaning of "parallel suit"Why some exercises in the elementary section are SO difficult?approaching the business end of the seasonWhat does business class mean?business cards vs. business studies