Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

pertaining to home; pertaining to family; tame (about an animal)
domestic
private
incredible
overseas
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother?

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
decay vs. rot | Stopped to shine and stopped shining?
listening exercises
Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother? #1 (permalink) Thu May 08, 2008 12:00 pm   Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #258 "Irregular Verbs Test (6)", question 1

Timothy ......... a picture for his mother at school today.

(a) draw
(b) drew
(c) drawn

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #258 "Irregular Verbs Test (6)", answer 1

Timothy drew a picture for his mother at school today.

Correct answer: (b) drew

the first question is worng

haroon
haroon

Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother? #2 (permalink) Thu May 08, 2008 13:40 pm   Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother?

In what way is it wrong, haroon?

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother? #3 (permalink) Tue Dec 29, 2009 14:51 pm   Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother?

Mister Micawber wrote:
In what way is it wrong, haroon?
.First of all Merry christmas,Bon nadal for everybody.I've had the same problem with the number 7,so why don't use the present perfect in both questions?,providing
the time clause is Today.Many thanks in advance
StJordi
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother? #4 (permalink) Tue Dec 29, 2009 15:05 pm   Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother?

With 'today' (as with 'this week/month/year'), the option is open for either past or present perfect; it depends on whether or not the speaker is relating the past event to the present moment in some way.

Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother? #5 (permalink) Tue Dec 29, 2009 15:18 pm   Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother?

Thanks,many times I translate forward from spanish,I suposse it's an error.In Spanish sounds weird "hoy fui a nadar instead hoy he ido a nadar"
StJordi
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother? #6 (permalink) Tue Dec 29, 2009 15:21 pm   Why did Timothy draw a picture for his mother?

A common problem. Direct translation often fails.

decay vs. rot | Stopped to shine and stopped shining?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
gift vs. givenWhy does the word 'advices' not exist?What is your word for 'fun'?Psychiatrist vs psychologist vs psychotherapist vs psychoanalyst?Sentence: Sunglasses protect your eyes against the sun's (direct) harsh blaze...Can we use Font size in this sentence or is it too technical..."Earlier XYZ&Co." or "Formerly XYZ&Co."What is the difference between before and in front of?Warmest season vs. hottest seasonWhy 'death and taxes'? Would like to know the origin of the phrase.'member of the gym' vs 'member by the gym'Both of my parents vs. Lots of my parentsMeaning of "between you and me"