Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

process of breaking down a subject and studying it; examination
analysis
agreement
aspect
privilege
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

How can practice homonyms, homphones and synonyms?

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is the opposite of yearn? | The annual depreciation expense recorded for the third year using the double...
listening exercises
How can practice homonyms, homphones and synonyms? #1 (permalink) Sat May 10, 2008 14:08 pm   How can practice homonyms, homphones and synonyms?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #226 "Confusing Words test (9)", question 7

Normally, Robert likes his ......... medium-rare but his wife, on the other hand, likes hers well-done.

(a) stake
(b) stain
(c) steak
(d) stoke

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #226 "Confusing Words test (9)", answer 7

Normally, Robert likes his steak medium-rare but his wife, on the other hand, likes hers well-done.

Correct answer: (c) steak

Your answer was: incorrect
Normally, Robert likes his stake medium-rare but his wife, on the other hand, likes hers well-done.

how can i practice advance test in confusing words in english
nida
nida

Synonyms #2 (permalink) Sat May 10, 2008 21:32 pm   Synonyms

Hi Nida,
There are many confusing words in English but I would begin with studying synonyms and homonyms.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
What is the opposite of yearn? | The annual depreciation expense recorded for the third year using the double...
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Doesn't the expression "off my hands" mean "out of control"?meaning of "way up"In the open air means 'outside'?difference between make and doWhat is a game plan?What is the diffrence between reconcile and fit?meaning of dumbWhat is the difference between "blow up" and "blow off"?what is ditch water?What is an antonym of jovial?he kept to himself - what does it mean?idiom: to keep to oneselfWhat does dwell mean?