process of breaking down a subject and studying it; examination
analysis
agreement
aspect
privilege

How can practice homonyms, homphones and synonyms?

What is the opposite of yearn? | The annual depreciation expense recorded for the third year using the double...
How can practice homonyms, homphones and synonyms? #1 (permalink) Sat May 10, 2008 14:08 pm   How can practice homonyms, homphones and synonyms?

ESL/EFL Test #226 "Confusing Words test (9)", question 7

Normally, Robert likes his ......... medium-rare but his wife, on the other hand, likes hers well-done.

(a) stake
(b) stain
(c) steak
(d) stoke

ESL/EFL Test #226 "Confusing Words test (9)", answer 7

Normally, Robert likes his steak medium-rare but his wife, on the other hand, likes hers well-done.

Correct answer: (c) steak

Normally, Robert likes his stake medium-rare but his wife, on the other hand, likes hers well-done.
_________________________

how can i practice advance test in confusing words in english
nida
nida

Synonyms #2 (permalink) Sat May 10, 2008 21:32 pm   Synonyms

Hi Nida,
There are many confusing words in English but I would begin with studying synonyms and homonyms.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
Doesn't the expression "off my hands" mean "out of control"?meaning of "way up"In the open air means 'outside'?difference between make and doWhat is a game plan?What is the diffrence between reconcile and fit?meaning of dumbWhat is the difference between "blow up" and "blow off"?what is ditch water?What is an antonym of jovial?he kept to himself - what does it mean?idiom: to keep to oneselfWhat does dwell mean?