achievement; fulfillment; ability
asset
attainment
funnel
debut

Difference between hear and listen to

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Overcome with emotion vs. overtaken by a car | for starters
Your answer was: incorrect #31 (permalink) Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:21 am   Your answer was: incorrect

"Your answer was: incorrect
I hear to the concert every Monday on the radio and I imagine I am there listening to it in person."

I'm confused,
As far as I know, we say 'Hear' for sounds that come to our ears, maybe by chance, without trying to hear them. For example, 'I heard a strange noise come from the kitchen.'

'Listen' is used to describe intentionally paying attention to sounds. For example, 'Last night, I listened to the radio.'
I Feel you can hear something without trying to, but you can only listen to something on purpose.
Mojo7301

Difference between Hear & Listen #32 (permalink) Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:23 am   Difference between Hear & Listen

hear means your ears are getting that point but your mind is not paying attention to is
whereas listening means your hear along with your mind are paying attention to that thing with concentration...........
Mojo7301

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between hear and listen to #33 (permalink) Wed Sep 07, 2011 18:00 pm   Difference between hear and listen to

It could be argues that it was possible that you could hear a concert
BUT
You could not hear to a concert.

The test sentence includes the word 'to'.
_________________

Difference between hear and listen to #34 (permalink) Fri Sep 09, 2011 13:19 pm   Difference between hear and listen to

"The test sentence includes the word 'to'"

Yes, I totally agree with you. We cannot hear to a concert, however we can listen to a concert .
Mojo7301

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Test incompl/inter-295, User's Answer 4all the time he's taking it all in.I have a bad coldOne more newcomer…at harvest timeMoney is a non-count noun.could you explain to me the difference between bring to and bring overDifference between I used to and I was used to?Arresting the reporter?Meaning of "get stuck to the skin"Meaning of striding?Have vs. have gotMeaning of 'ape'