area; domain; range; piece of land; surface
realization
lack
decade
field

meaning of lobby

Doesn't the expression "off my hands" mean "out of control"? | Isn't the punctuation wrong on this?
meaning of lobby #1 (permalink) Sat May 17, 2008 22:16 pm   meaning of lobby

ESL/EFL Test #259 "US Government Questions Test (7)", question 7

A group of people who have similar interests in mind and work together for change or action is called an ......... group.

(a) poll
(b) citizen
(c) interest

ESL/EFL Test #259 "US Government Questions Test (7)", answer 7

A group of people who have similar interests in mind and work together for change or action is called an interest group.

Correct answer: (c) interest
_________________________

what is lobby?

Ruanda
Ruanda

meaning of lobby #2 (permalink) Sat May 17, 2008 22:29 pm   meaning of lobby

Hello EL,

A lobby is a group of people who support a particular cause or interest, and try to influence any relevant legislation.

All the best,

MrP
MrPedantic

Location: Southern England

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
going full throttle as we speakWhat does 'cram' mean?'In order to post' vs 'In order to prevent'"a grain of salt" vs "a grain of sugar"difference between "elect" and "appoint"The way to find words is difficult for meESL certificate?meaning of "taken aback"why not other why head is correct?meaning of "way up"In the open air means 'outside'?difference between make and doWhat is a game plan?