duplicate; photostat
array
competitor
draw
copy

what does come out mean?

What does the phrase "come down with" mean? | What does insurer mean?
what does come out mean? #1 (permalink) Wed May 21, 2008 10:57 am   what does come out mean?

ESL/EFL Test #139 "Idioms with the phrasal verb come", question 7

Making the decision to ......... about your sexual preferences can sometimes be scary and stressful.

(a) come along
(b) come back
(c) come out
(d) come over

ESL/EFL Test #139 "Idioms with the phrasal verb come", answer 7

Making the decision to come out about your sexual preferences can sometimes be scary and stressful.

Correct answer: (c) come out

Making the decision to come over about your sexual preferences can sometimes be scary and stressful.
_________________________

what does come out mean?

Serge
Serge

what does come out mean? #2 (permalink) Wed May 21, 2008 19:17 pm   what does come out mean?

come out 1) if something such as book or a film comes out, it becomes avaliable to buy or see. For example : Our new album coming out in the spring.
2) to become known... " It eventually came out that she was already married." 3) to be spoken,heard, or understood in a particular way : " She had tried to say 'sorry', but it had come out all wrong. 4) to be removed from something by washing or rubbing: "The stains still haven't come out" 5) to tell people that you are gay ( I don't know what it mean) 6) If the sun, moon or stars comes out, they start to be able to be seen in the sky.
come out in something - to become covered in spots because you are ill
- to say something suddenly, usually something that surprises oor shocks people.
_________________
We are what we repeatedly do.
Tilt

Location: Russia Saint-Petersburg

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
what does come out mean? #3 (permalink) Thu Dec 11, 2008 0:42 am   what does come out mean?

Hello Teachers

What does the phrase "come out" mean in this sentence?

Thank you
_________________
Reach an agreement as ploughing, don't let argument happen at crops.
Thunu

Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam

what does come out mean? #4 (permalink) Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:19 am   what does come out mean?

Here it means to publicly admit or announce your sexual orientation.

It is derived from the phrase 'come out of the closest'. If somebody intentionally hides or publicly denies their true nature, we say they're hiding in the closet. To come out of the closet ( or to come out) is then to admit your true nature.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

What does the phrase "third stage of labour" mean?how could we now if it is verb or adverb or noun?how to do a speech?head back vs head turnWhat does squirrel mean?Usage of the term "graduating college"Can we say 'talking in a high voice' instead...? Will it mean the same?Why the verb in present, if here says yesterday?Difference between "look into" and "look over"A lot of patients vs. a lot of patience?nothing vs. anything and should vs. wouldThe plane departs?'passed up' vs 'handed in'