notwithstanding
save
opposite
until
despite

meaning of conundrum

Rain vs. rains | okay in time vs. good in time
meaning of conundrum #1 (permalink) Sun May 25, 2008 6:13 am   meaning of conundrum

"Hi, Richard. I am kind of in a ......... here. The Accounts Payable needs to be updated today and I need the information from your department on how many office supplies you have ordered this month. Can you help?" Jim asked.

(a) conundrum
(b) paradox
(c) anomaly
(d) jam

"Hi, Richard. I am kind of in a jam here. The Accounts Payable needs to be updated today and I need the information from your department on how many office supplies you have ordered this month. Can you help?" Jim asked.

Correct answer: (d) jam
_________________________

conundrum???

Elita
Elita

meaning of conundrum #2 (permalink) Sun May 25, 2008 13:40 pm   meaning of conundrum

.
Don't you have a dictionary, Elita? Try this one: http://www.onelook.com/ .
.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Idiom: Bowl of cherriesmeaning of "A lit light bulb"what does "patrons" mean?what does "Tuesday week" mean?meaning of "Pouring rain"Phrase "marriage proposal as long as you promise"expression: do businessWhat does 'hand it to her' or 'give her credit' mean?to find a table near the windowgoing full throttle as we speakWhat does 'cram' mean?'In order to post' vs 'In order to prevent'"a grain of salt" vs "a grain of sugar"