Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to cover with a thin layer of metal; to coat with metal
segment
plate
style
boost
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Idiom: Bowl of cherries

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
meaning of "A lit light bulb" | You could hear him rattling
listening exercises
Idiom: Bowl of cherries #1 (permalink) Tue May 27, 2008 19:59 pm   Idiom: Bowl of cherries

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #388 "English Slang Idioms (119)", question 3

"How am I doing? I can't complain right now. Life is a ......... of cherries at the moment. How about you?" Tim asked John.

(a) tree
(b) pie
(c) bowl
(d) hint

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #388 "English Slang Idioms (119)", answer 3

"How am I doing? I can't complain right now. Life is a bowl of cherries at the moment. How about you?" Tim asked John.

Correct answer: (c) bowl

Your answer was: incorrect
"How am I doing? I can't complain right now. Life is a tree of cherries at the moment. How about you?" Tim asked John.

bowl?

Lianka
Lianka

Idiom: Bowl of cherries #2 (permalink) Tue May 27, 2008 23:04 pm   Idiom: Bowl of cherries

The definitions of all 4 answers are in your DICTIONARY. Bowl of cherries is an idiom.

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of "A lit light bulb" | You could hear him rattling
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
'she was born under a lucky star' vs 'she was born under a lucky moon'meanig of petitionCommon expression: mint conditionmeaning of 'losing your temper'Idiom: I feel like I am juggling frogs heremeaning of "for example"Tell me about it -- let me hear your story!what does "patrons" mean?what does "Tuesday week" mean?meaning of "Pouring rain"Phrase "marriage proposal as long as you promise"expression: do businessmeaning of conundrum