educational meeting; training session
span
expression
seminar
sympathy

Difference between subjective and objective

Conduct vs. guide | What does 'have gone' mean?
Difference between subjective and objective #1 (permalink) Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:29 am   Difference between subjective and objective

Test No. incompl/inter-17 "Eating Out", question 9

The problem about writing on food is that however hard you try, you will say what you like and end up being ..........

(a) subjective
(b) objective
(c) reflective
(d) directive

Test No. incompl/inter-17 "Eating Out", answer 9

The problem about writing on food is that however hard you try, you will say what you like and end up being subjective.

Correct answer: (a) subjective

The problem about writing on food is that however hard you try, you will say what you like and end up being objective.
_________________________

I didn't quite understand the difference between subjective and objective in this context...could you please elaborate?

Diadon
Diadon

Difference between subjective and objective #2 (permalink) Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:55 am   Difference between subjective and objective

Well,

It simply means that when it comes to describing food, it is very difficult to be objective as everybody has their own taste.

TOEIC listening, photographs: In the dock

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Difference between subjective and objective #3 (permalink) Fri Apr 01, 2005 20:32 pm   Difference between subjective and objective

What test would you say are subjective or objective and why

English tests #4 (permalink) Fri Apr 01, 2005 20:57 pm   English tests

What kind of tests are you talking about? Do you mean English language examinations such as the TOEFL and TOEIC?

TOEIC listening, photographs: A family picture

Difference between subjective and objective #5 (permalink) Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:38 pm   Difference between subjective and objective

Hi !

does "write on food" suggest that I write an article about food?

Difference between subjective and objective #6 (permalink) Thu Apr 19, 2007 22:48 pm   Difference between subjective and objective

lost_soul wrote:
Hi !

Yes, it can mean that you write about food -- whether it's just an article or a book, for example.

Writing something on a birthday cake (e.g. with icing) could also be described as 'writing on food'. :P

Difference between subjective and objective #7 (permalink) Tue Feb 05, 2008 13:19 pm   Difference between subjective and objective

Why can`t I use the word "reflective in this context
Candy S

Difference between subjective and objective #8 (permalink) Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:59 am   Difference between subjective and objective

hi,sir.
I do not know the difference between subjective and obiective?why use subjective.
Kimdung9210

not as pronounced as it is currentlyThere's no hope for me?try on vs. try outMeaning of "To make headway"How to use prepositions of time?"I'm sure we'll make it" vs "I'm sure we'll take it"What does "well back" mean?Use 'just': for exemple: Just him and me?provision vs. providerI would like to know if we leave 'what' any longer?Meaning of phrasal verb "to wrap up"I just can't get across to her vs. get through to herTime prepositions (on/in/at)