to remind of; to state; to refer to; to hint at; to indicate
hit
mention
study
reward

'she was born under a lucky star' vs 'she was born under a lucky moon'

meanig of petition | Turning away people
'she was born under a lucky star' vs 'she was born under a lucky moon' #1 (permalink) Thu May 29, 2008 17:52 pm   'she was born under a lucky star' vs 'she was born under a lucky moon'

ESL/EFL Test #57 "Lucky You", question 7

She always seems to come out of any crisis unharmed and I'm convinced she was born under a lucky ..........

(a) planet
(b) asteroid
(c) moon
(d) star

ESL/EFL Test #57 "Lucky You", answer 7

She always seems to come out of any crisis unharmed and I'm convinced she was born under a lucky star.

Correct answer: (d) star
_________________________

moon?

Lucky Strike
Lucky Strike

'she was born under a lucky star' vs 'she was born under a lucky moon' #2 (permalink) Fri May 30, 2008 1:52 am   'she was born under a lucky star' vs 'she was born under a lucky moon'

.
No, the idiom is 'born under a lucky star'.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Is there a rule on yesterday vs last night?'become quiet' vs 'be quiet''Soccer has been now' vs 'Soccer is now'Expression "None are so blind as those that will not see"What does the idiom 'man or beast' mean?Common expression: mint conditionmeaning of 'losing your temper'Idiom: I feel like I am juggling frogs heremeaning of "for example"Tell me about it -- let me hear your story!Idiom: Bowl of cherriesmeaning of "A lit light bulb"what does "patrons" mean?