main; principal; major
evasive
sound
elemental
central

complicate vs. complicated

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

"Walking on the footpath" vs "Walking along the footpath" | I've drunk two cups of tea this morning. vs I drank two cups of tea this morning.
complicate vs. complicated #106 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:06 am   complicate vs. complicated

If all the factors I mentioned earlier are taken into account, that probability is so close to 1 that the word's typo-ness is in effect a certainty.

If you want so, it will be. Still, as I said "Mr P FEELS that "complicate" is a typo in the above text, but Molly is not sure." Mr P's research has come to a stop, but Molly's goes on. Next step, contact the writer, right?
Molly

complicate vs. complicated #107 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 20:21 pm   complicate vs. complicated

Molly wrote:
Still, as I said "Mr P FEELS that "complicate" is a typo

Not quite: "MrP has presented his reasons for deciding that 'complicate' is a typo."

Molly wrote:
Mr P's research has come to a stop, but Molly's goes on.

Parturient montes...

Molly wrote:
Next step, contact the writer, right?

That's the one, old boy.

MrP
MrPedantic

Location: Southern England

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
complicate vs. complicated #108 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 23:25 pm   complicate vs. complicated

But Mr P, at the mo', it's only your view/take/stance/opinion/belief/desire etc. It has not become a reality for us all.

Parturient montes...

Searching for academic recognition? Why do you need it so?

That's the one, old boy.

Will you do it, or shall I?
Molly

Expression: "Although he has got a lot of potential..."Help me with this exerciseThe best way to inscribe a diary?Finding mistake (The jumping mouse , especially when...)Sentence correction: I am requesting meeting with you regarding on performanceUsage of "such as to"rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasionthe snow v.s. snowSentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X'So' is placed before a verb?Usage of latelyproblem with mean of a phrase! - "yet in still"So difficult to understand! When she came a clear first out of the 530 candidates