to grow older; to mature
detail
authorize
age
scramble

'Soccer has been now' vs 'Soccer is now'

Is there a rule on yesterday vs last night? | Highs and lows?
'Soccer has been now' vs 'Soccer is now' #1 (permalink) Sat May 31, 2008 15:30 pm   'Soccer has been now' vs 'Soccer is now'

ESL/EFL Test #46 "Elementary English Grammar", question 10

Soccer ......... now a popular sport in most countries.

(a) was
(b) has been
(c) am
(d) is

ESL/EFL Test #46 "Elementary English Grammar", answer 10

Soccer is now a popular sport in most countries.

Correct answer: (d) is

Soccer has been now a popular sport in most countries.
_________________________

i dont undrstant this question ansver

fatmah
fatmah

'Soccer has been now' vs 'Soccer is now' #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:22 am   'Soccer has been now' vs 'Soccer is now'

.
The sentence requires the present tense for a present situation (indicated by 'now' in the sentence).
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
'Soccer has been now' vs 'Soccer is now' #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 02, 2008 14:45 pm   'Soccer has been now' vs 'Soccer is now'

Using is in such a sentence refers to the fact of being soccer a popular sport in most countries. So we used is here as a present simple for facts or habits.
_________________
Nola
Nola

publish vs openmeaning of word groom'back to square one' vs 'back to piece one'What does "let up" mean?What does "turn himself off" mean?Expression: discussion on the nuts and bolts of the issueExpression: submit to the number crunchersExpression: business relationship null and voidproverbial idiot vs. provincial idiot'become quiet' vs 'be quiet'Expression "None are so blind as those that will not see"What does the idiom 'man or beast' mean?'she was born under a lucky star' vs 'she was born under a lucky moon'