forward; in advance
especially
ahead
apparently
rather

Expression: submit to the number crunchers

Expression: discussion on the nuts and bolts of the issue | Expression: business relationship null and void
Expression: submit to the number crunchers #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 03, 2008 20:45 pm   Expression: submit to the number crunchers

"Your plan sounds good, Tom. Please write it up and we will submit it to the ......... crunchers to make sure that we have the money to implement it in our budget," Wilson told him.

(a) symbol
(b) idea
(c) number
(d) analysis

"Your plan sounds good, Tom. Please write it up and we will submit it to the number crunchers to make sure that we have the money to implement it in our budget," Wilson told him.

Correct answer: (c) number
_________________________

what is the right answer?

Nedoym
Nedoym

Expression: submit to the number crunchers #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 03, 2008 21:52 pm   Expression: submit to the number crunchers

(C) is the right answer. It's an idiom that refers to the people who calculate financial/risk information (such as accountants, financial analysts etc.) for businesses etc.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Are rhyme and reason something like an idion or phrase?Do I place an apostrophe when talking about temperatures.sudden vs instantpublish vs openmeaning of word groom'make the most of' vs 'take great advantage of''back to square one' vs 'back to piece one'What does "let up" mean?What does "turn himself off" mean?proverbial idiot vs. provincial idiotIs there a rule on yesterday vs last night?'become quiet' vs 'be quiet''Soccer has been now' vs 'Soccer is now'