providing assistance
familiar
crucial
supportive
impatient

Expression: discussion on the nuts and bolts of the issue

proverbial idiot vs. provincial idiot | Expression: submit to the number crunchers
Expression: discussion on the nuts and bolts of the issue #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 03, 2008 20:46 pm   Expression: discussion on the nuts and bolts of the issue

"We are spending too much time talking about the petty details. We need to focus our discussion on the ......... and bolts of the issue," Susan told the other people in the meeting.

(a) nuts
(b) structures
(c) boards
(d) tools

"We are spending too much time talking about the petty details. We need to focus our discussion on the nuts and bolts of the issue," Susan told the other people in the meeting.

Correct answer: (a) nuts
_________________________

what is the answer?

Nedoym
Nedoym

Nuts and bolts #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 03, 2008 21:49 pm   Nuts and bolts

(C) "nuts" is the right answer. It's a common expression that refers to the fundamental, important aspects of an issue.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Do I place an apostrophe when talking about temperatures.sudden vs instantpublish vs openmeaning of word groom'make the most of' vs 'take great advantage of''back to square one' vs 'back to piece one'What does "let up" mean?What does "turn himself off" mean?Expression: business relationship null and voidIs there a rule on yesterday vs last night?'become quiet' vs 'be quiet''Soccer has been now' vs 'Soccer is now'Expression "None are so blind as those that will not see"