to ascend; to up; to slope upward; to move upward gradually
profit
rely
climb
criticize

sudden vs instant

'make the most of' vs 'take great advantage of' | Do I place an apostrophe when talking about temperatures.
sudden vs instant #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 06, 2008 20:07 pm   sudden vs instant

"I am sorry I am late. I got into a car accident. I was driving home on the highway when, all of a ........., a deer jumped out in front of me. I tried to stop but I still hit it," Craig told his girlfriend.

(a) happen
(b) time
(c) instant
(d) sudden

"I am sorry I am late. I got into a car accident. I was driving home on the highway when, all of a sudden, a deer jumped out in front of me. I tried to stop but I still hit it," Craig told his girlfriend.

Correct answer: (d) sudden

"I am sorry I am late. I got into a car accident. I was driving home on the highway when, all of a instant, a deer jumped out in front of me. I tried to stop but I still hit it," Craig told his girlfriend.
_________________________

It is nat my anser my anser is correct.

Zalman
Zalman

sudden vs instant #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:32 am   sudden vs instant

.
You must have typed `c` by accident.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
which vs thatwhat is difference between some and any?meaning of the phrase "to keep the wolf from the door"what does "allow for the waste" mean?meaning of seasonedWhat is it a one-trick pony?Are rhyme and reason something like an idion or phrase?publish vs openmeaning of word groom'back to square one' vs 'back to piece one'What does "let up" mean?What does "turn himself off" mean?Expression: discussion on the nuts and bolts of the issue