Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to ascend; to up; to slope upward; to move upward gradually
profit
rely
climb
criticize
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

sudden vs instant

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
'make the most of' vs 'take great advantage of' | Do I place an apostrophe when talking about temperatures.
listening exercises
sudden vs instant #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 06, 2008 20:07 pm   sudden vs instant

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #420 "English Slang Idioms (160)", question 4

"I am sorry I am late. I got into a car accident. I was driving home on the highway when, all of a ........., a deer jumped out in front of me. I tried to stop but I still hit it," Craig told his girlfriend.

(a) happen
(b) time
(c) instant
(d) sudden

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #420 "English Slang Idioms (160)", answer 4

"I am sorry I am late. I got into a car accident. I was driving home on the highway when, all of a sudden, a deer jumped out in front of me. I tried to stop but I still hit it," Craig told his girlfriend.

Correct answer: (d) sudden

Your answer was: incorrect
"I am sorry I am late. I got into a car accident. I was driving home on the highway when, all of a instant, a deer jumped out in front of me. I tried to stop but I still hit it," Craig told his girlfriend.

It is nat my anser my anser is correct.

Zalman
Zalman

sudden vs instant #2 (permalink) Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:32 am   sudden vs instant

You must have typed `c` by accident.

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'make the most of' vs 'take great advantage of' | Do I place an apostrophe when talking about temperatures.
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
which vs thatwhat is difference between some and any?meaning of the phrase "to keep the wolf from the door"what does "allow for the waste" mean?meaning of seasonedWhat is it a one-trick pony?Are rhyme and reason something like an idion or phrase?publish vs openmeaning of word groom'back to square one' vs 'back to piece one'What does "let up" mean?What does "turn himself off" mean?Expression: discussion on the nuts and bolts of the issue