to supervise; to observe; to follow up on; to check up on
margin
monitor
calendar
pleasure

What is it a one-trick pony?

Are rhyme and reason something like an idion or phrase? | what does "allow for the waste" mean?
What is it a one-trick pony? #1 (permalink) Sat Jun 07, 2008 14:40 pm   What is it a one-trick pony?

"My best friend is kind of a ......... pony. He is really good at electronics repairs but is not good at other things. For example, he can't manage the finances for his business, his marketing strategy is extremely weak and his people skills are atrocious. I won't even go into the across-the-board failures in his personal life," Wes said to Lisa.

(a) show
(b) one-trick
(c) dancing
(d) race

"My best friend is kind of a one-trick pony. He is really good at electronics repairs but is not good at other things. For example, he can't manage the finances for his business, his marketing strategy is extremely weak and his people skills are atrocious. I won't even go into the across-the-board failures in his personal life," Wes said to Lisa.

Correct answer: (b) one-trick

_________________________

what is it a one-trick pony?
Katerina
Katerina

What is it a one-trick pony? #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 08, 2008 0:26 am   What is it a one-trick pony?

Hello Katerina,

If someone is a "one-trick pony", he is good at one thing, but not good at anything else.

Best wishes,

MrP
MrPedantic

Location: Southern England

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
which vs thatwhat is difference between some and any?Usage of ourselvesmeaning of the phrase "to keep the wolf from the door"'rack out' sv 'eat something'meaning of seasonedWhat is warring?Do I place an apostrophe when talking about temperatures.sudden vs instantpublish vs openmeaning of word groom'make the most of' vs 'take great advantage of''back to square one' vs 'back to piece one'