Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

in opposition; against; counter
instead
behind
contrary
regardless
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

'So' is placed before a verb?

ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Sentence correction: I am requesting meeting with you regarding on performance | Sentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X
listening exercises
'So' is placed before a verb? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 09, 2008 15:56 pm   'So' is placed before a verb?

Hello,everyone
Please read the sentence below which makes me very confused:
''This superb publication has SO imposed Britain's leading wildlife charity."
As far as I know ''so'' always does with adverb or adjective as in ''He is so kind as to help me" .But in this example ,''So'' is placed before an verb.
Please explain it for me.

'So' is placed before a verb? #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:25 am   'So' is placed before a verb?

Why not?
I wish you wouldn't fuss so (=as much as you do) . It makes me nervous. He does so enjoy reading your letters.
or Parents can withdraw their child from school if they so wish.
In your sentence it may have the meaning 'this way'?

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
'So' is placed before a verb? #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:03 am   'So' is placed before a verb?

Oh thank you! :D

Sentence correction: I am requesting meeting with you regarding on performance | Sentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X
ESL Forum | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
"Walking on the footpath" vs "Walking along the footpath"Usage of "such as to"rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasionthe snow v.s. snowincredulous vs scepticalI've drunk two cups of tea this morning. vs I drank two cups of tea this morning.while vs whenUsage of latelySo difficult to understand! When she came a clear first out of the 530 candidates"what means" or "which means"Would you be so kind and help me correcting this document?May + have + P.P.Usage of articles: A definition of the/a/(none) chair.