Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

model; criterion; norm; average; commodity which backs a monetary system
offset
standard
reject
briefcase
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Sentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
'So' is placed before a verb? | rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasion
listening exercises
Sentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 09, 2008 18:19 pm   Sentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X

Hello everyone

I'd like to ask if the following sentence is correct:

From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X as the president of the bank.

The intended meaning is as follows: the reader has read the article and it is difficult for him/her to understand/say if the activity of Mr. X (he is the president of the bank) was successful or not.
Klpno
I'm here quite often ;-)

Sentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:34 am   Sentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X

Then I would prefer,

From the article, it is difficult for readers to evaluate the activity of Mr. X, the president of the bank, as successful or not.
Haihao
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Sentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:40 pm   Sentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X

Haihao, thank you very much for your suggestion.
Klpno
I'm here quite often ;-)

'So' is placed before a verb? | rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasion
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
"Walking on the footpath" vs "Walking along the footpath"Sentence correction: I am requesting meeting with you regarding on performanceUsage of "such as to"the snow v.s. snowincredulous vs scepticalI've drunk two cups of tea this morning. vs I drank two cups of tea this morning.while vs whenUsage of latelySo difficult to understand! When she came a clear first out of the 530 candidatesPronunciation of "mobile" in "mobile phone"?"what means" or "which means"May + have + P.P.Usage of articles: A definition of the/a/(none) chair.