Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

person who puts money into a project
investor
specification
authority
brief
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasion

Goto page Previous  1, 2

ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
Sentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X | Usage of lately
listening exercises
rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasion #16 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 13:49 pm   rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasion

Quote:
I know it's a bit crazy, but that's how I imagine it

Mine is even crazier. :lol:

When you are head over heels in love with somebody, you are so badly in love with them that you submit yourself to them by bowing so much that your head is over your heels. :lol:

I know it doesn't make sense, but then what does? :lol:
Daemon99
I'm here quite often ;-)

rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasion #17 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 13:52 pm   rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasion

daemon99 wrote:
I know it doesn't make sense

It sure does !
And what even more important is that these "interpretations" hit the target, e.g. help you remember the idiom. ;)
Lost_Soul
I'm a Communicator ;-)

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasion #18 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 14:09 pm   rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasion

WOW, what imaginations!

Mine was simple, it's all about choosing MEN over SHOES.

You know how we girls adore our heels... :lol:
NinaZara
I'm a Communicator ;-)

Sentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X | Usage of lately
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
"Walking on the footpath" vs "Walking along the footpath"Sentence correction: I am requesting meeting with you regarding on performanceUsage of "such as to"rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasionthe snow v.s. snow'So' is placed before a verb?incredulous vs scepticalI've drunk two cups of tea this morning. vs I drank two cups of tea this morning.while vs whenproblem with mean of a phrase! - "yet in still"So difficult to understand! When she came a clear first out of the 530 candidatesPronunciation of "mobile" in "mobile phone"?"what means" or "which means"