pouch used to carry objects; sac; underground deposit of oil
impression
tender
pocket
barometer

What does "business end user" mean?

What is "business hours"? | Meaning of refrigerator
What does "business end user" mean? #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:15 am   What does "business end user" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #179 "Doing business: expressions with the word business", question 10

Data marts can be a good way to serve the data needs of a particular set of ......... users, allowing specialized functions such as data cleansing, joining, formatting and transformations to be performed automatically.

(a) business plan
(b) business card
(c) business end
(d) business suit

ESL/EFL Test #179 "Doing business: expressions with the word business", answer 10

Data marts can be a good way to serve the data needs of a particular set of business end users, allowing specialized functions such as data cleansing, joining, formatting and transformations to be performed automatically.

Correct answer: (c) business end

Data marts can be a good way to serve the data needs of a particular set of business plan users, allowing specialized functions such as data cleansing, joining, formatting and transformations to be performed automatically.
_________________________

What does "business end" mean here?

English-holic
Englishholic

What does "business end user" mean? #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:23 am   What does "business end user" mean?

Hi English-holic,

A "business end user" needs to be considered as it is written here,.

End user = a user of a service or product, who may not necessarily have contact with the supplier/provider. Therefore he is at the end of the "supply chain". i.e. a CMS(content management system) end user.

Business as you can guess is either a company or an individual using it for work purposes.

cheers stew.t.
_________________
Please meet Stewart Tunncilff
Stew.t.

Location: Leipzig, Germany

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What does "business end user" mean? #3 (permalink) Wed Oct 26, 2011 14:41 pm   What does "business end user" mean?

Data marts can be a good way to serve the data needs of- please explain in bold,
Thank you very much

What does "business end user" mean? #4 (permalink) Wed Oct 26, 2011 15:50 pm   What does "business end user" mean?

I've never heard of a data mart, but the use of the word 'mart' makes me think it is an American expression. The test sentence explains what one is. It is a place where those specialised aspects of data-handling are carried out.
to serve the data needs of = to handle the data in the required ways.
_________________

spreading it on kind of thickDone and stuffyou ratted me outthe arduous taskWouldAnother factor for change has been international equity investorsis or are? Thanks:)regulation or regular?what's the meaning of fall back on in this context?"under no account" vs "on no account"Usage and meaning of "fall through"What happened to you then?Using the word through