to send off quickly; to dismiss; to conclude with speed and efficiency; to eliminate
dispatch
appear
advise
number

Are or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites?

Burning comma question | Usage of "admit"
Are or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites? #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 15:07 pm   Are or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites?

Do we say "Are" or "Is" cake, bread and sandwich your favorites?
Steve88

Are or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites? #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 15:38 pm   Are or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites?

It would be "are", since you're talking about all three of them as your "favorites".

If the last word were "favorite", it would be "Is cake, bread OR sandwich(es) your favorite?"
_________________
Billie Jean is not my lover. Hee.
Prezbucky

Location: Nashville, TN (USA)

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Are or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites? #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 16:12 pm   Are or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites?

prezbucky wrote:

Even if it's "are", it should be "sandwiches" or "a sandwich".
Molly

Are or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites? #4 (permalink) Wed Jun 11, 2008 19:04 pm   Are or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites?

yeah
_________________
Billie Jean is not my lover. Hee.
Prezbucky

Location: Nashville, TN (USA)

Is would have been OK in this sentence?is it necessary to use "there are"?"end" vs "get over"Expression: "Although he has got a lot of potential..."Help me with this exerciseWhat is under "I would/wouldn't use/write/add/omit..."The best way to inscribe a diary?Finding mistake (The jumping mouse , especially when...)Construction: as ... as he/him?role of anyonesomewhere vs anywherePhrase "the best of both worlds"At the best of times - what does it mean?