to put out for others to see; to show; to exhibit; to reveal
display
age
conceptualize
accomplish

"Walking on the footpath" vs "Walking along the footpath"

LIFE and LIVE are different | complicate vs. complicated
"Walking on the footpath" vs "Walking along the footpath" #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 22:23 pm   "Walking on the footpath" vs "Walking along the footpath"

Are they the same?

"Walking on the footpath" and "Walking along the footpath"

Many thanks,

"Walking on the footpath" vs "Walking along the footpath" #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 10, 2008 22:28 pm   "Walking on the footpath" vs "Walking along the footpath"

Hi Tom

They're pretty much the same. To me, the main difference is that 'along' adds more to the sense of motion and dimension.
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Expression: "Although he has got a lot of potential..."Help me with this exerciseThe best way to inscribe a diary?Finding mistake (The jumping mouse , especially when...)Sentence correction: I am requesting meeting with you regarding on performanceUsage of "such as to"rise to the challenge v.s. rise to the occasionthe snow v.s. snowSentence: From the article, it is difficult to assess the activity of Mr. X'So' is placed before a verb?I've drunk two cups of tea this morning. vs I drank two cups of tea this morning.Usage of latelyproblem with mean of a phrase! - "yet in still"