Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

person who gives support to a superior; aide; helper
tour
commodity
pose
assistant
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Adverbs of frequency

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
They ended their relationship | Difference between should and would
listening exercises
Adverbs of frequency #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:32 pm   Adverbs of frequency

Test No. incompl/elem-4 "Listen/Hear", question 1

I'm terribly sorry but I ......... what you said just now and I wonder if you could repeat it.

(a) wasn't listen to
(b) wasn't hearing
(c) didn't hear
(d) didn't hearing

Test No. incompl/elem-4 "Listen/Hear", answer 1

I'm terribly sorry but I didn't hear what you said just now and I wonder if you could repeat it.

Correct answer: (c) didn't hear

whate is the diffrent between listen and hear
Noga

Difference between listen and hear #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 01, 2005 21:42 pm   Difference between listen and hear

Listening is something you do actively. Listening requires concentration. Hearing is one of the five senses and it is something you do all the time while you are awake. Also, listen usually requires the preposition to while hear doesn't.
For example, you say Are you listening to me? and I can hear you.

TOEIC listening, photographs: The gondolier
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
They ended their relationship | Difference between should and would
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Derogative vs. derogatoryMeaning of loanWhat is the difference between 'overlook' and 'oversee'?Applying for somethingDifference between cost and expensesWhy did we use the word disclosed in this particular sentence?Interested in applying for that jobStep up - to increaseIs this a subjunctive construction?Stand in queues and stand in linesDifference between surely and certainlyTo give somebody a black lookPresent perfect and present perfect continuous