person who gives support to a superior; aide; helper
tour
commodity
pose
assistant

Adverbs of frequency

They ended their relationship | Difference between should and would
Adverbs of frequency #1 (permalink) Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:32 pm   Adverbs of frequency

Test No. incompl/elem-4 "Listen/Hear", question 1

I'm terribly sorry but I ......... what you said just now and I wonder if you could repeat it.

(a) wasn't listen to
(b) wasn't hearing
(c) didn't hear
(d) didn't hearing

Test No. incompl/elem-4 "Listen/Hear", answer 1

I'm terribly sorry but I didn't hear what you said just now and I wonder if you could repeat it.

Correct answer: (c) didn't hear
_________________________

whate is the diffrent between listen and hear
Noga

Difference between listen and hear #2 (permalink) Tue Mar 01, 2005 21:42 pm   Difference between listen and hear

Listening is something you do actively. Listening requires concentration. Hearing is one of the five senses and it is something you do all the time while you are awake. Also, listen usually requires the preposition to while hear doesn't.
For example, you say Are you listening to me? and I can hear you.

TOEIC listening, photographs: The gondolier

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Derogative vs. derogatoryMeaning of loanWhat is the difference between 'overlook' and 'oversee'?Applying for somethingDifference between cost and expensesWhy did we use the word disclosed in this particular sentence?Interested in applying for that jobStep up - to increaseIs this a subjunctive construction?Stand in queues and stand in linesDifference between surely and certainlyTo give somebody a black lookPresent perfect and present perfect continuous