in some way
adversely
severely
anyhow
ill

The best way to inscribe a diary?

problem with mean of a phrase! - "yet in still" | Finding mistake (The jumping mouse , especially when...)
The best way to inscribe a diary? #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:25 am   The best way to inscribe a diary?

Hi all,

The situation: the students of the medical academy after two years of studying English want to give their lecturer in English a sort of a diary as a keepsake. What would be the best wish (maybe, in a form of a proverb, maxim, aphorism) to be inscribed in?

Thanks in advance!
Pamela

Location: RF

The best way to inscribe a diary? #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:43 am   The best way to inscribe a diary?

What we reap we will sow. Many thanks for all (that) you've given us.
Molly

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
The best way to inscribe a diary? #3 (permalink) Wed Jun 11, 2008 14:36 pm   The best way to inscribe a diary?

Molly, thanks a lot! I hope other members and our natives will come up with their versions too.
Pamela

Location: RF

Expression: "Although he has got a lot of potential..."Help me with this exerciseBurning comma question"Walking on the footpath" vs "Walking along the footpath"role of anyoneAre or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites?At the best of times - what does it mean?Usage of "such as to"I've drunk two cups of tea this morning. vs I drank two cups of tea this morning.Usage of latelySo difficult to understand! When she came a clear first out of the 530 candidatesPronunciation of "mobile" in "mobile phone"?Usage of "admit"