person who belongs to an organization or group; part; organ
member
locksmith
gain
manager

Expression: "Although he has got a lot of potential..."

Usage of "the common man" | Private 'malaciers' and 'Depo dubs'
Expression: "Although he has got a lot of potential..." #1 (permalink) Wed Jun 11, 2008 17:36 pm   Expression: "Although he has got a lot of potential..."

Do you find the following sentence correct and natural? spoken by a teacher for her student

Although he has got a lot of potential, his attitude towards his studies is not serious.

Expression: "Although he has got a lot of potential..." #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 11, 2008 18:20 pm   Expression: "Although he has got a lot of potential..."

Hi Tom

Your sentence is OK. My assumption is that your sentence is spoken by a teacher to the parent of a student (i.e. not to the student directly). If that's the case, you might also use one of these, for example:

- He has a lot of potential, but he doesn't take his studies seriously (enough).
- Although he has a lot of potential, his attitude towards his studies is having a negative effect on his progress/learning.
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Expression: "Although he has got a lot of potential..." #3 (permalink) Wed Jun 11, 2008 18:20 pm   Expression: "Although he has got a lot of potential..."

This is very natural, grammatical, oft-repeated sentence in English.

is it necessary to use "there are"?Help me with this exerciseBurning comma questionWhat is under "I would/wouldn't use/write/add/omit..."The best way to inscribe a diary?Finding mistake (The jumping mouse , especially when...)Construction: as ... as he/him?"Walking on the footpath" vs "Walking along the footpath"role of anyoneAre or Is cake, bread and sandwich your favorites?At the best of times - what does it mean?I've drunk two cups of tea this morning. vs I drank two cups of tea this morning.problem with mean of a phrase! - "yet in still"