detached; disconnected; distinct; set apart
separate
administrative
staple
guilty

what is the meaning of sparse?

meaning of "Are you alright?" | Phrase "little peace and halt at the office"
what is the meaning of sparse? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 15, 2008 16:59 pm   what is the meaning of sparse?

Ken's group of friends ostracized him because he spread a rumor about Jan and David's secret love affair. They were both very angry but he knew that their anger might blow over in time so he decided to make himself ......... for the summer and try to befriend the group again in the fall.

(a) sparse
(b) spread
(c) scarce
(d) gone

Ken's group of friends ostracized him because he spread a rumor about Jan and David's secret love affair. They were both very angry but he knew that their anger might blow over in time so he decided to make himself scarce for the summer and try to befriend the group again in the fall.

Correct answer: (c) scarce
_________________________

what is the meaning of sparse?

Linkoff
Linkoff

what is the meaning of sparse? #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 15, 2008 22:56 pm   what is the meaning of sparse?

.
Do you have a DICTIONARY?
.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What are elements of organizational behavior?Does one use quotation marks or underline for a well-known musical play?Idiom "Are we all set to go?"meaning of "Mow my lawn""native speaker" vs "natural speaker"Expression "the gig/jig is up"Some sort of punctuation after the word coin would do the trick.What does this idiom mean: Opportunity knocks but once?How to answer mulitiple choice questions?travel to vs. arrive atIs "run-in" informal?'rack out' sv 'eat something'What is warring?