Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

unusual; exceptional; unique; particular; highly valued
harmful
funnelled
fundamental
special
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

There should be spaces between the following words: restarting and union

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What who does high gear mean? | So tired (not 'much tired')
listening exercises
There should be spaces between the following words: restarting and union #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:20 pm   There should be spaces between the following words: restarting and union

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #186 "Idioms with the phrasal verb knock", question 9

A scrum is a way of restartinga game of rugby unionafter an accidental infringement such as a ..........

(a) knock on
(b) knock out
(c) knock up
(d) knock off

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #186 "Idioms with the phrasal verb knock", answer 9

A scrum is a way of restartinga game of rugby unionafter an accidental infringement such as a knock on.

Correct answer: (a) knock on

Would like to report some errors:

"a way of restartinga game of rugby unionafter"

There should be spaces between the following words - "restarting, a"; "union, after"

Priya Raghavan
Priya Raghavan

There should be spaces between the following words: restarting and union #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:34 pm   There should be spaces between the following words: restarting and union

Thanks for pointing that out, Priya.

I've noticed that sentences 8 and 10 in this test also have typos:

8. neighbor's --> neighbors'
10. abilitly --> ability

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
There should be spaces between the following words: restarting and union #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:38 am   There should be spaces between the following words: restarting and union

Would someone explain this sentence to me, please?
Mickey
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

There should be spaces between the following words: restarting and union #4 (permalink) Mon Jan 11, 2010 22:00 pm   There should be spaces between the following words: restarting and union

Hi Mickey,
"knock on" is a Rugby term, it means "knocking the ball forward while trying to catch it". The knock on is a foul in the game.
Certainly, that's rather late for an answer :) But perhaps, that would be of service to someone else.
Vermilion
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What who does high gear mean? | So tired (not 'much tired')
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Meaning of "Breathe one's last"Seriously, shouldn't it be THEIR for everybody, anybody, nobody?Anyone should take her vacation through Rocky Mountains?double past tense?What does 'roll' mean?What does covered mean?What are interest rates?Future tense?current assets vs. fixed assetslook vs. watchWhat is the largest body of water surrounded by land?How do you put 50 books in 9 shelfs in odd number with no shelf empty?What are billboards?