extreme; great; powerful; strong; profound
succinct
prevalent
intense
perennial

meaning of "Mow my lawn"

Meaning of intent | Expression "the gig/jig is up"
meaning of "Mow my lawn" #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:46 am   meaning of "Mow my lawn"

"Will you come on Saturday to mow my lawn? I will pay you twenty bucks," Iris said to Tommy. Tommy replied, "All ........., I'll come. I'll be there at 10 o'clock."

(a) maybe
(b) together
(c) might
(d) right

"Will you come on Saturday to mow my lawn? I will pay you twenty bucks," Iris said to Tommy. Tommy replied, "All right, I'll come. I'll be there at 10 o'clock."

Correct answer: (d) right
_________________________

will you come on Saturday to mow my lawn? I will pay!

Goran
Goran

Mow my lawn #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:50 am   Mow my lawn

"Mow my lawn" means to cut the grass around my home - usually with a lawn mower. Sometimes, people who work a lot or the elderly will pay a person to "mow their lawn" for them. An exact dictionary meaning is as follows: "to cut down with a scythe or machine."
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
what is the meaning og intelligibly?what's the difference between farther and further?What are elements of organizational behavior?Does one use quotation marks or underline for a well-known musical play?Expression "He/She is a total alley cat"Idiom "Are we all set to go?""native speaker" vs "natural speaker"what is the meaning of sparse?Phrase "little peace and halt at the office"meaning of "Are you alright?"Some sort of punctuation after the word coin would do the trick.What does this idiom mean: Opportunity knocks but once?How to answer mulitiple choice questions?