Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

working together; cooperation
cushion
permit
garment
collaboration
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Idiom "Are we all set to go?"

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
"native speaker" vs "natural speaker" | Does one use quotation marks or underline for a well-known musical play?
listening exercises
Idiom "Are we all set to go?" #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:05 am   Idiom "Are we all set to go?"

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #421 "English Slang Idioms (161)", question 3

"Are we ......... set to go?" Mark asked his family as they were getting ready to go to Disney Land.

(a) complete
(b) ready
(c) total
(d) all

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #421 "English Slang Idioms (161)", answer 3

"Are we all set to go?" Mark asked his family as they were getting ready to go to Disney Land.

Correct answer: (d) all

i didnt understand!

Goran
Goran

Idiom "Are we all set to go?" #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 17, 2008 13:28 pm   Idiom "Are we all set to go?"

'All set' is a collocation meaning 'completely prepared'.

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
"native speaker" vs "natural speaker" | Does one use quotation marks or underline for a well-known musical play?
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
What does 'cup of joe' mean?What does 'crackerjack box' mean?meaning of revotewhat is pedestals?I thought sticking 'to' would be appropriate here. Why 'stick at'?what is the meaning og intelligibly?what's the difference between farther and further?What are elements of organizational behavior?Expression "He/She is a total alley cat"meaning of "Mow my lawn"Expression "the gig/jig is up"what is the meaning of sparse?Phrase "little peace and halt at the office"