specialist in repairs of machinery and appliances
proposition
leave
technician
barter

What does 'lost ball in high weeds' mean?

Why not 'above board'? | What does sabotage mean?
What does 'lost ball in high weeds' mean? #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:11 am   What does 'lost ball in high weeds' mean?

That new employee was sure a lost ball in high .......... He didn't know anything about his job and managed to mess up every project so far.

(a) stands
(b) drugs
(c) costs
(d) weeds

That new employee was sure a lost ball in high weeds. He didn't know anything about his job and managed to mess up every project so far.

Correct answer: (d) weeds
_________________________

Priya Raghavan
Priya Raghavan

What does 'lost ball in high weeds' mean? #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:39 am   What does 'lost ball in high weeds' mean?

.
'A lost ball in high weeds' is someone or something completely lost. Here it means 'lost' in the sense of ignorant and/or confused.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Test and other things #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 23:06 pm   Test and other things

For the third time I do this test and my photo is deleted from the score-board.
Today: 25 th November 2010
_________________

The platypus has a bill like a duck does on its face?Do or commit a crime?his own flesh and bloodI like them both.I'm ready for a lift.an identifying symbolRelative clausedidn't want to have to do vs. didn't want to doin the hold up downtown?When a lift truck tips over, it leaks fuel.he would have an albatross around his neck?back seat driverWhat is the idiom for 'good cook'?