specialist in repairs of machinery and appliances
proposition
leave
technician
barter

Why not 'above board'?

an identifying symbol | What does 'lost ball in high weeds' mean?
Why not 'above board'? #1 (permalink) Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:29 am   Why not 'above board'?

He was sick of working for companies that weren't above ......... about their business practices. Too many of them had cut illegal and unethical corners.

(a) board
(b) grade
(c) mediocre
(d) ideal

He was sick of working for companies that weren't above grade about their business practices. Too many of them had cut illegal and unethical corners.

Correct answer: (b) grade

He was sick of working for companies that weren't above board about their business practices. Too many of them had cut illegal and unethical corners.
_________________________

Why not 'above board'?

Priya Raghavan
Priya Raghavan

Why not 'above board'? #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:41 am   Why not 'above board'?

.
'Above board' is the correct answer. The answer key is faulty, and one of the administrators will soon fix it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Test and other things #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 25, 2010 22:55 pm   Test and other things

For the third time I did this test. Always I was on the check-board. Yesterday I was there for today I have been taken away. Today: 25th November 2010.
Kati
_________________

Do or commit a crime?his own flesh and bloodI like them both.I'm ready for a lift.Relative clausedidn't want to have to do vs. didn't want to doin the hold up downtown?When a lift truck tips over, it leaks fuel.he would have an albatross around his neck?back seat driverWhat is the idiom for 'good cook'?He admires his boss?What does sabotage mean?