to record the proceedings of a meeting; to make a memorandum
cushion
enter
minute
check

difference between slang language and slang idiom meaning

As tall as them or as tall as they? | What does the work hedge mean in the business sector?
difference between slang language and slang idiom meaning #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:14 am   difference between slang language and slang idiom meaning

He knew there was a lot more going on in the investigation than his superiors and even his partners were telling him. He had been a police officer for twenty years and it burned him up that new things were happening in the case and he was being kept out of the ..........

(a) circle
(b) society
(c) circuit
(d) loop

He knew there was a lot more going on in the investigation than his superiors and even his partners were telling him. He had been a police officer for twenty years and it burned him up that new things were happening in the case and he was being kept out of the loop.

Correct answer: (d) loop

He knew there was a lot more going on in the investigation than his superiors and even his partners were telling him. He had been a police officer for twenty years and it burned him up that new things were happening in the case and he was being kept out of the society.
_________________________

sir i wanna ask, what the different between slang language and slang idiom meaning?

Marika
Marika

difference between slang language and slang idiom meaning #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:44 am   difference between slang language and slang idiom meaning

.
No difference, I think, other than that which distinguishes idioms (groups of words whose meaning has changed from the sum of its individual words).
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of flooredwhat is factor conditions?"It's seems" vs "It seems"is sales a debit or a credit?Expression "felt like to doing"what is wee?meaning of "business wise"What does 'cup of joe' mean?What does 'crackerjack box' mean?meaning of revotewhat is pedestals?I thought sticking 'to' would be appropriate here. Why 'stick at'?what is the meaning og intelligibly?