Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

nearby
close
slantwise
forward
abroad
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Expression "felt like to doing"

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
is sales a debit or a credit? | What does "refund" mean?
listening exercises
Expression "felt like to doing" #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:39 am   Expression "felt like to doing"

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #244 "Confusing Words test (17)", question 3

Katherine felt like to doing something different so she decided to pierce her ........., or belly button, this week.

(a) navel
(b) naval
(c) novice

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #244 "Confusing Words test (17)", answer 3

Katherine felt like to doing something different so she decided to pierce her navel, or belly button, this week.

Correct answer: (a) navel

Hi

...felt like to doing or felt like doing?

Thanks,
Englishholic
Englishholic

Expression "felt like to doing" #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:03 am   Expression "felt like to doing"

I've never heard anyone use "felt like to doing", Englishholic. You've got a sharp eye. ;)
Hi Torsten
I'd say this sentence needs repair. The word 'to' should be deleted:
"Katherine felt like doing something different ..."

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Expression "felt like to doing" #3 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:54 am   Expression "felt like to doing"

Hi Englishholic and Amy,

Thanks a lot for your great work -- "to" has been deleted and the changes will go online with the next update.

Regards,
Torsten

TOEIC listening, photographs: In the Far East
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Expression "felt like to doing" #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:44 am   Expression "felt like to doing"

navel....and oh..it should be..'felt like doing'...
Eslkorea
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

is sales a debit or a credit? | What does "refund" mean?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Idiom: looking for a fair shakemeaning of "falling-out""responsibility for" vs "responsibility to"meaning of flooredwhat is factor conditions?"It's seems" vs "It seems"What does the work hedge mean in the business sector?difference between slang language and slang idiom meaningwhat is wee?As tall as them or as tall as they?meaning of "business wise"What does 'cup of joe' mean?meaning of revote