consciousness
bonus
target
anniversary
awareness

What does the work hedge mean in the business sector?

difference between slang language and slang idiom meaning | what is factor conditions?
What does the work hedge mean in the business sector? #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2008 19:41 pm   What does the work hedge mean in the business sector?

ESL/EFL Test #440 "Optimal Hedging", question 1

The optimal hedge consists of a position in a single ......... whose strike price is independent of the level of expense the institution is willing to incur for its hedging program.

(a) industry
(b) market
(c) option
(d) share

ESL/EFL Test #440 "Optimal Hedging", answer 1

The optimal hedge consists of a position in a single option whose strike price is independent of the level of expense the institution is willing to incur for its hedging program.

Correct answer: (c) option
_________________________

Dollyo
Dollyo

What does the work hedge mean in the business sector? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 23, 2008 22:55 pm   What does the work hedge mean in the business sector?

.
Hedging = an act or means of preventing complete loss of an investment with a partially counterbalancing one.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of floored"It's seems" vs "It seems"is sales a debit or a credit?Expression "felt like to doing"what is wee?As tall as them or as tall as they?meaning of "business wise"What does 'cup of joe' mean?What does 'crackerjack box' mean?meaning of revotewhat is pedestals?I thought sticking 'to' would be appropriate here. Why 'stick at'?what is the meaning og intelligibly?