pure; obvious; easy to understand; comprehensible
lead
prosaic
clear
trial

meaning of floored

what is wee? | Meaning of 'transactions'
meaning of floored #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:22 am   meaning of floored

"It ......... me when Joe told me he wanted to accept the promotion and move to New Jersey. He has never even hinted at wanting to move out of California in the thirty years we've been married," Jan told Sylvie.

(a) bent
(b) floored
(c) pushed
(d) laughed

"It floored me when Joe told me he wanted to accept the promotion and move to New Jersey. He has never even hinted at wanting to move out of California in the thirty years we've been married," Jan told Sylvie.

Correct answer: (b) floored

"It laughed me when Joe told me he wanted to accept the promotion and move to New Jersey. He has never even hinted at wanting to move out of California in the thirty years we've been married," Jan told Sylvie.
_________________________

what is the mean of floored?

Hommo
Hommo

meaning of floored #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:34 am   meaning of floored

It metaphorically knocked me to the floor with suprise. Like an unseen punch from a good boxer.
_________________
Please meet Stewart Tunncilff
Stew.t.

Location: Leipzig, Germany

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Shouldn't it be '...helped him blow off some steam...'?Idiom: looking for a fair shakemeaning of "falling-out""responsibility for" vs "responsibility to"meaning of "a fly-by-night outfit"what is factor conditions?"It's seems" vs "It seems"is sales a debit or a credit?What does the work hedge mean in the business sector?Expression "felt like to doing"difference between slang language and slang idiom meaningAs tall as them or as tall as they?'pen name' vs 'nickname'