Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

pure; obvious; easy to understand; comprehensible
lead
prosaic
clear
trial
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

meaning of floored

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
what is wee? | Meaning of 'transactions'
listening exercises
meaning of floored #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:22 am   meaning of floored

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #470 "English Slang Idioms (212)", question 1

"It ......... me when Joe told me he wanted to accept the promotion and move to New Jersey. He has never even hinted at wanting to move out of California in the thirty years we've been married," Jan told Sylvie.

(a) bent
(b) floored
(c) pushed
(d) laughed

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #470 "English Slang Idioms (212)", answer 1

"It floored me when Joe told me he wanted to accept the promotion and move to New Jersey. He has never even hinted at wanting to move out of California in the thirty years we've been married," Jan told Sylvie.

Correct answer: (b) floored

Your answer was: incorrect
"It laughed me when Joe told me he wanted to accept the promotion and move to New Jersey. He has never even hinted at wanting to move out of California in the thirty years we've been married," Jan told Sylvie.

what is the mean of floored?

Hommo
Hommo

meaning of floored #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:34 am   meaning of floored

Hi

It metaphorically knocked me to the floor with suprise. Like an unseen punch from a good boxer.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
what is wee? | Meaning of 'transactions'
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Shouldn't it be '...helped him blow off some steam...'?Idiom: looking for a fair shakemeaning of "falling-out""responsibility for" vs "responsibility to"meaning of "a fly-by-night outfit"what is factor conditions?"It's seems" vs "It seems"is sales a debit or a credit?What does the work hedge mean in the business sector?Expression "felt like to doing"difference between slang language and slang idiom meaningAs tall as them or as tall as they?'pen name' vs 'nickname'