grand; magnificent; striking
indoor
disparate
impressive
transcendent

meaning of "a fly-by-night outfit"

"responsibility for" vs "responsibility to" | meaning of "take the bull by the horns"
meaning of "a fly-by-night outfit" #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 24, 2008 17:14 pm   meaning of "a fly-by-night outfit"

"I don't think I want to order anything from that company, even though they offer a warranty. They seem like kind of a fly-by-......... outfit to me. When I called them to ask some questions, all I got was an answering machine and they never called back. Also, they only have a P.O. box as an address. They could take our money and run and there is nothing we could do about it," Tom said to Alice.

(a) plane
(b) train
(c) night
(d) pants

"I don't think I want to order anything from that company, even though they offer a warranty. They seem like kind of a fly-by-night outfit to me. When I called them to ask some questions, all I got was an answering machine and they never called back. Also, they only have a P.O. box as an address. They could take our money and run and there is nothing we could do about it," Tom said to Alice.

Correct answer: (c) night

"I don't think I want to order anything from that company, even though they offer a warranty. They seem like kind of a fly-by-train outfit to me. When I called them to ask some questions, all I got was an answering machine and they never called back. Also, they only have a P.O. box as an address. They could take our money and run and there is nothing we could do about it," Tom said to Alice.
_________________________

what does it mean - a fly-by-night outfit?

Nikolja
Nikolja

meaning of "a fly-by-night outfit" #2 (permalink) Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:29 am   meaning of "a fly-by-night outfit"

.
Try HERE.
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of "a fly-by-night outfit" #3 (permalink) Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:28 am   meaning of "a fly-by-night outfit"

I want to know the use of do,did,does,were,has,have,had,hasbeen,hadbeen,hadbeen
jothi

Is it possible to obtain business English reading materials to teach to students?Expression "as best as you can"'disappeared completely' vs 'disappeared quickly'meaning of doughboysuit vs. fitShouldn't it just be '...he always tried to steal the limelight in order to...'?why generating and what does this context mean?"Let's eat out for a change" vs "Let's eat out in a change"Shouldn't it be '...helped him blow off some steam...'?Idiom: looking for a fair shakemeaning of "falling-out"meaning of flooredwhat is wee?