production; creating; group of people born around the same time
journey
quiet
market
generation

Shouldn't it just be '...he always tried to steal the limelight in order to...'?

suit vs. fit | 'disappeared completely' vs 'disappeared quickly'
Shouldn't it just be '...he always tried to steal the limelight in order to...'? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:48 am   Shouldn't it just be '...he always tried to steal the limelight in order to...'?

He knew that he had an "all ......... on me" approach to social situations. Several people told him, on several occasions, that he always tried to steal the limelight and in order to be the focus of attention.

(a) hands
(b) thoughts
(c) actions
(d) eyes

He knew that he had an "all eyes on me" approach to social situations. Several people told him, on several occasions, that he always tried to steal the limelight and in order to be the focus of attention.

Correct answer: (d) eyes

_________________________

Shouldn't it just be "...he always tried to steal the limelight in order to be the focus of attention"?

Englishholic
English_holic

Shouldn't it just be '...he always tried to steal the limelight in order to...'? #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 30, 2008 14:48 pm   Shouldn't it just be '...he always tried to steal the limelight in order to...'?

Yes, that looks like a typo. Thanks for catching that - those changes will be made soon.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What is wrong with the term rough patch/patches in this context?How it is Harry and not John or anyone else?Is this expression correct? ...We'll see "whose" right...meaning of "dressing table"'Put in' vs 'Put out'Is it possible to obtain business English reading materials to teach to students?Expression "as best as you can"meaning of doughboywhat does "flunked out of the army" mean?why generating and what does this context mean?"Let's eat out for a change" vs "Let's eat out in a change"Shouldn't it be '...helped him blow off some steam...'?Idiom: looking for a fair shake