to inspect; to supervise; to miss; to omit; to ignore; to excuse
inventory
crate
overlook
interpret

what does "flunked out of the army" mean?

meaning of doughboy | meaning of "dressing table"
what does "flunked out of the army" mean? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 29, 2008 19:29 pm   what does "flunked out of the army" mean?

"That boy is no good. He didn't finish school, he ......... out of the army and he got fired twice in the past five months. Can't you find another guy to date?" Logan asked his daughter.

(a) jumped
(b) fired
(c) rose
(d) flunked

"That boy is no good. He didn't finish school, he flunked out of the army and he got fired twice in the past five months. Can't you find another guy to date?" Logan asked his daughter.

Correct answer: (d) flunked

"That boy is no good. He didn't finish school, he jumped out of the army and he got fired twice in the past five months. Can't you find another guy to date?" Logan asked his daughter.
_________________________

what does it mean by "flunked out of the army " ?

hanakusa
hanakusa

Flunked out #2 (permalink) Mon Jun 30, 2008 14:47 pm   Flunked out

If someone flunked out of something (like school, the army etc.), that means he/she failed. In other words, he/she did not succeed and could no longer finish the course etc.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
what does "flunked out of the army" mean? #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:03 am   what does "flunked out of the army" mean?

Also, the Army is sometimes perceived or portrayed as being full of very dumb people, often with no skills to do any other job, which is why they joined the military. So to say they flunked out of of the Army means they can't even follow simple specific directions.

Since the military is a highly structured society, this could also imply that the person has problems adhering to regulations and rules, or problems with authority.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

meaning of "Lap of the semester"meaning of slyWhat is wrong with the term rough patch/patches in this context?How it is Harry and not John or anyone else?Is this expression correct? ...We'll see "whose" right...'Put in' vs 'Put out'Is it possible to obtain business English reading materials to teach to students?Expression "as best as you can"'disappeared completely' vs 'disappeared quickly'suit vs. fitWhat is the difference between part and component?Shouldn't it just be '...he always tried to steal the limelight in order to...'?why generating and what does this context mean?