Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

terrible; awful; disgusting
horrible
crowded
characteristic
feasible
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

meaning of sentence: I guess I will paint now since I can't dance and it's too...

ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
carry the can | cashed in his chips
listening exercises
meaning of sentence: I guess I will paint now since I can't dance and it's too... #1 (permalink) Mon Jun 30, 2008 15:10 pm   meaning of sentence: I guess I will paint now since I can't dance and it's too...

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #315 "English Slang Idioms (36)", question 3

"Well, I guess I will paint now since I can't dance and it's too wet to .........," Kathy jokingly said to Greta.

(a) plow
(b) build
(c) rake
(d) sweep

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #315 "English Slang Idioms (36)", answer 3

"Well, I guess I will paint now since I can't dance and it's too wet to plow," Kathy jokingly said to Greta.

Correct answer: (a) plow

Hi
Could you explain to me the meaning of the whole sentence?
Thanks,

Englishholic
English_holic

meaning of sentence: I guess I will paint now since I can't dance and it's too... #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 02, 2008 21:35 pm   meaning of sentence: I guess I will paint now since I can't dance and it's too...

Hello Englisholic,
This sentence means that there this nothing else for Kathy to do (at that moment) so she might as well paint. It's a funny way to say that there's nothing more she can do except paint.
I'm here quite often ;-)
Linda Arlia

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
question 3 #3 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 21:40 pm   question 3

Hello Linda,

My question would be that " I have anything to do so I clean out my closet." Can be this sentence synonym with the original sentence ?
Kati Svaby

meaning of sentence: I guess I will paint now since I can't dance and it's too... #4 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 21:56 pm   meaning of sentence: I guess I will paint now since I can't dance and it's too...

'I have nothing to do so I will clean out my closet' is similar to the original.
Language Coach

question 3 #5 (permalink) Sun Dec 12, 2010 23:10 pm   question 3

Thank you Bz !!!!

Good night.
Kati

carry the can | cashed in his chips
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
stand in front of mewatch the tide come inI would like to mentionWhat is the meaning of "corn ball at work"?His tumultuous journeys include....have a cast iron stomachWhat does to cast doubt mean?He's like a canary in a coal mine...can't hold a candle togarbage, trash, waste and rubbish.He speaks Spanish.live a charmed lifeA crocodile is a large, carnivorous animal