symbol; sign; mark; remembrance
sneakers
token
finance
evidence

Expression "as best as you can"

'disappeared completely' vs 'disappeared quickly' | Is it possible to obtain business English reading materials to teach to students?
Expression "as best as you can" #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:33 am   Expression "as best as you can"

ESL/EFL Test #153 "Comparison with as .... as", question 10

A wise man once said that a change is almost ......... a holiday.

(a) as good as
(b) as long as
(c) as soon as
(d) as much as

ESL/EFL Test #153 "Comparison with as .... as", answer 10

A wise man once said that a change is almost as good as a holiday.

Correct answer: (a) as good as
_________________________

Can I use the expression as best as you can?

Omarik
Omarik

Expression "as best as you can" #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:30 am   Expression "as best as you can"

.
I have heard it, but I think it is too casual for writing; use 'as best you can'.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of slyWhat is wrong with the term rough patch/patches in this context?How it is Harry and not John or anyone else?Is this expression correct? ...We'll see "whose" right...meaning of "dressing table"'Put in' vs 'Put out'meaning of doughboywhat does "flunked out of the army" mean?suit vs. fitShouldn't it just be '...he always tried to steal the limelight in order to...'?why generating and what does this context mean?"Let's eat out for a change" vs "Let's eat out in a change"Shouldn't it be '...helped him blow off some steam...'?