occurring once within 12 months
serious
either
yearly
distinctive

Is this expression correct? ...We'll see "whose" right...

What is wrong with the term rough patch/patches in this context? | How it is Harry and not John or anyone else?
Is this expression correct? ...We'll see "whose" right... #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:16 am   Is this expression correct? ...We'll see "whose" right...

"I know that you think my get-rich-quick scheme is stupid but I think it will really work. We'll see whose right but I believe that you'll be sorry you said anything and I'll be laughing all the way to the .........," Simon said to Jimmy.

(a) bank
(b) pool
(c) moon
(d) airplane

"I know that you think my get-rich-quick scheme is stupid but I think it will really work. We'll see whose right but I believe that you'll be sorry you said anything and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank," Simon said to Jimmy.

Correct answer: (a) bank
_________________________

Is this expression correct? ...We'll see *whose* right...

lercarafridi
lercarafridi

Is this expression correct? ...We'll see "whose" right... #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:56 am   Is this expression correct? ...We'll see "whose" right...

no. it should be "who's right"
Benjamin

Location: London

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Thanks for catching that #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 03, 2008 19:30 pm   Thanks for catching that

We'll fix that right away. Thanks for catching that.
_________________

difference between employment and duty"stand a chance" vs "stand a place"until vs. whenmeaning of "Lap of the semester"meaning of slymeaning of "dressing table"'Put in' vs 'Put out'Is it possible to obtain business English reading materials to teach to students?Expression "as best as you can"'disappeared completely' vs 'disappeared quickly'meaning of doughboywhat does "flunked out of the army" mean?suit vs. fit