practice session for a performance
misgiving
postmaster
wire
rehearsal

I don't think much of it

Difference between 'those days' and 'these days' | "help keep" and "help to keep"
I don't think much of it #1 (permalink) Sat Mar 12, 2005 15:59 pm   I don't think much of it

Test No. incompl/inter-36 "Go for it", question 4

......... now that I've heard what he has done to his family.

(a) I think often of him
(b) I think a lot of him
(c) I don't think at all of him
(d) I don't think much of him

Test No. incompl/inter-36 "Go for it", answer 4

I don't think much of him now that I've heard what he has done to his family.

Correct answer: (d) I don't think much of him

I don't think at all of him now that I've heard what he has done to his family.
_________________________

Why not I don't think at all of him?

Yoj
Yoj

I don't thank much of it #2 (permalink) Sat Mar 12, 2005 16:40 pm   I don't thank much of it

I don't think much of sth. means that you don't consider it as sth. valuable. It doesn't mean that you think a lot about it.

How did you find the last movie by Tarantino??
Well, I don't think much of it.

_________________
obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit
Mosteque

Location: Poland

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
I don't thank much of it #3 (permalink) Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:45 am   I don't thank much of it

hi
why cant we use 'I think often of him'.
jyo
Mudium

I don't thank much of it #4 (permalink) Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 am   I don't thank much of it

.
Only answer D makes sense in relation to the rest of the sentence, even though all 4 answers are grammatically possible. 'He' did something bad to his family, therefore the answer should reflect the speaker's dislike of him.
.
_________________

I don't think much of it #5 (permalink) Mon Jul 14, 2008 16:48 pm   I don't think much of it

thread title wrote:
I don't thank much of it.

Hi MM

Just a minor point:
Don't y'all thank the title of this thread sounds like it's trying to imitate a southern drawl? :lol: :wink:
_________________

I don't think much of it #6 (permalink) Mon Jul 14, 2008 23:03 pm   I don't think much of it

.
Not no moah it doan'.

(To whomever it may interest: one strategy is to leave typos in thread posts and titles. Search engines are more likely to hit on your site if you have a range of spellings-- 'grammar', 'grammer', 'gramer', etc.)
.
_________________

I don't think much of it #7 (permalink) Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:05 am   I don't think much of it

How do we know that above part of the sentence has a negative meaning -that he has done sth bad to his family? I think it can be the positive meaning as well - he has done sth good to his family? And with the positive meaning could match: I think a lot of him, for me..
What do you think?
Thanks..

I don't think much of it #8 (permalink) Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:05 pm   I don't think much of it

The key is 'done to his family, which means a bad thing. If it were a good thing, we would use 'done for his family'.
_________________

let's get startedspend time to do something or spend time doing somethingjournalists would follow him...can not understand ?The meaning of 'paint you in the best light'?end up vs. close upShouldn't the preposition be 'an' instead of 'a' before euphemism?How can I make my own sentences?Idiom: to tear one's hair outPoked my eye outWho(m) does that car belong to?Hallucinating vs daydreamingMeaning of 'flagging'