rubble; ruins; wreckage; fragments
novelty
photo
debris
infancy

meaning of "Lap of the semester"

What is the difference between part and component? | until vs. when
meaning of "Lap of the semester" #1 (permalink) Sun Jul 06, 2008 0:56 am   meaning of "Lap of the semester"

"I am glad that our final exams are coming up. It is always a stressful time but it signifies that we are on the last ......... of the semester," Dina said to Blanche.

(a) lap
(b) leap
(c) lump
(d) lark

"I am glad that our final exams are coming up. It is always a stressful time but it signifies that we are on the last lap of the semester," Dina said to Blanche.

Correct answer: (a) lap

"I am glad that our final exams are coming up. It is always a stressful time but it signifies that we are on the last leap of the semester," Dina said to Blanche.
_________________________

Hi, i just wondering what does it means by saying " Lap of the semester"?

Lya
Lya

meaning of "Lap of the semester" #2 (permalink) Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:16 am   meaning of "Lap of the semester"

.
'Lap' = A segment or stage.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
'...who or who slept with...' or just '...who slept with...'?meaning of flailwhat is backburner?what does brigade means?"A friend of mine" of "A friend of me"difference between employment and duty"stand a chance" vs "stand a place"meaning of slyWhat is wrong with the term rough patch/patches in this context?How it is Harry and not John or anyone else?Is this expression correct? ...We'll see "whose" right...meaning of "dressing table"'Put in' vs 'Put out'