briefly; bluntly; rudely
moderately
directly
overhead
curtly

difference between employment and duty

expressions: 'to stand in a queue' vs. 'stand in line' vs. 'stand in a line' | "stand a chance" vs "stand a place"
difference between employment and duty #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:44 am   difference between employment and duty

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #122 "Synonyms for business and employment", question 6

We are proud that all our students graduated and found ......... in good companies and at good wages.

(a) employment
(b) commerce
(c) calling
(d) duty

Synonyms Lesson, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #122 "Synonyms for business and employment", answer 6

We are proud that all our students graduated and found employment in good companies and at good wages.

Correct answer: (a) employment
_________________________

difference between employment & duty?

Xiwi
Xiwi

difference between employment and duty #2 (permalink) Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:40 am   difference between employment and duty

.
'Duty' in such a case as this quiz question would refer to a responsibility within one's employment.
.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does keep it down mean?What does 'casting a long shadow' mean?arrangements vs confirmations'...who or who slept with...' or just '...who slept with...'?meaning of flailwhat is backburner?what does brigade means?"A friend of mine" of "A friend of me"until vs. whenmeaning of "Lap of the semester"meaning of slyWhat is wrong with the term rough patch/patches in this context?How it is Harry and not John or anyone else?