clothing; garments; clothes; garb
minimum
substantive
apparel
plate

what does brigade means?

meaning of flail | "no sooner" = "very shortly after"
what does brigade means? #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 07, 2008 15:17 pm   what does brigade means?

"The other team is probably going to win. They have the football on our twenty-yard line and there are only two minutes to go. We have to make a last ......... and stop them here. If they score, we are done for the season. If they don't, we'll go into overtime and we might be the ones to break the tie," the quarterback told the team in the huddle.

(a) stop
(b) brigade
(c) wall
(d) stand

"The other team is probably going to win. They have the football on our twenty-yard line and there are only two minutes to go. We have to make a last stand and stop them here. If they score, we are done for the season. If they don't, we'll go into overtime and we might be the ones to break the tie," the quarterback told the team in the huddle.

Correct answer: (d) stand
_________________________

Hi, what does brigade means?

Olaf
Olaf

what does brigade means? #2 (permalink) Mon Jul 07, 2008 23:13 pm   what does brigade means?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/brigade
Here's a link for a dictionary.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
meaning of "all hell broke loose"sausages at the butcher's?What does keep it down mean?'To keep company' - slang expression or an expression of the spoken english?What does 'casting a long shadow' mean?arrangements vs confirmations'...who or who slept with...' or just '...who slept with...'?what is backburner?"A friend of mine" of "A friend of me"difference between employment and duty"stand a chance" vs "stand a place"until vs. whenmeaning of "Lap of the semester"