selection; choice; assortment; accumulation
time
collection
tense
subordinate

what is backburner?

"A friend of mine" of "A friend of me" | arrangements vs confirmations
what is backburner? #1 (permalink) Mon Jul 07, 2008 15:36 pm   what is backburner?

"I am going to have to put my plans to travel on the .......... until I have more vacation days saved up. I only have six days at the moment and I want to be able to travel for at least two weeks," Jacob told his coworker and best friend.

(a) wish transcript
(b) second objective
(c) backburner
(d) back seats

"I am going to have to put my plans to travel on the backburner. until I have more vacation days saved up. I only have six days at the moment and I want to be able to travel for at least two weeks," Jacob told his coworker and best friend.

Correct answer: (c) backburner

"I am going to have to put my plans to travel on the back seats. until I have more vacation days saved up. I only have six days at the moment and I want to be able to travel for at least two weeks," Jacob told his coworker and best friend.
_________________________

dear sir,
Would you explain what is backburner please?
bobby
bobby

what is backburner? #2 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:13 am   what is backburner?

.
A backburner is the rearmost cooking element of a kitchen stove. The idiom is 'to put on the backburner', which means 'to postpone'.
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
meaning of "all hell broke loose"sausages at the butcher's?What does keep it down mean?'To keep company' - slang expression or an expression of the spoken english?What does 'chapter and verse' mean?What does 'casting a long shadow' mean?What is the meaning and origin of the phrase 'a castle in the sky'?promising vs promisedwhere to use solitary?'...who or who slept with...' or just '...who slept with...'?meaning of flailwhat does brigade means?difference between employment and duty