supplier; seller; merchant; agent; sales representative
journalist
chain
dealer
savvy

"...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it?

Odd use of 'will' | Why is "you have forgiven me"?
"...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it? #1 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:52 pm   "...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it?

He tried handing the summons to his boss but his boss dropped it like a it was a hot ..........

(a) potato
(b) rock
(c) dish
(d) stove

He tried handing the summons to his boss but his boss dropped it like a it was a hot potato.

Correct answer: (a) potato

_________________________

Englishholic
English_holic

"...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it? #2 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 13:08 pm   "...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it?

Right you are, Englishholic. The sentence should be:

- He tried handing the summons to his boss but his boss dropped it like it was a hot potato.
.
_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
"...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it? #3 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 14:16 pm   "...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it?

.
Did you fix that, Yank?
.
_________________

"...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it? #4 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 14:52 pm   "...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it?

Mister Micawber wrote:
.
Did you fix that, Yank?
.
No, MM, I don't have the ability to change anything in the tests.

As the test sentence stands now, it reads "... dropped it like a it was a hot potato."

The scarlet letter ('a') needs to be removed. 8)
.
_________________

"...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it? #5 (permalink) Tue Jul 08, 2008 22:58 pm   "...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it?

.
Thanks. Someone has fixed it then in the database, though it will not appear until the database is reloaded.
.
_________________

What is the meaning of forsaken?The idiomatic expression ' to latch onto'"...that made him...", isn't it?meaning of "all hell broke loose"sausages at the butcher's?What does keep it down mean?'To keep company' - slang expression or an expression of the spoken english?I thought since 'idle mind is the devil's workshop', idle thoughts would be...What does 'decorating the mahagony' mean?What does 'chapter and verse' mean?What does 'casting a long shadow' mean?What is the meaning and origin of the phrase 'a castle in the sky'?promising vs promised