act of giving back; reply; answer; profit; yield; repayment
procurement
return
likelihood
raise

The idiomatic expression ' to latch onto'

Why is "you have forgiven me"? | What is the meaning of forsaken?
The idiomatic expression ' to latch onto' #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:03 am   The idiomatic expression ' to latch onto'

"Wow, when you ......... onto an idea, you don't let go. You have been talking about making a garden behind the shed, non-stop, for the past two weeks," Laurie said to Nick.

(a) link
(b) leap
(c) let
(d) latch

"Wow, when you latch onto an idea, you don't let go. You have been talking about making a garden behind the shed, non-stop, for the past two weeks," Laurie said to Nick.

Correct answer: (d) latch
_________________________

which is the best answer in this sentence?

Litki
Litki

The idiomatic expression ' to latch onto' #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:27 am   The idiomatic expression ' to latch onto'

.
'Latch'. The idiomatic expression, ' to latch onto', means:

a. to take possession of; obtain; get.
b. to acquire understanding of; comprehend.
c. to attach oneself to; join in with.
.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
"...that made him...", isn't it?Odd use of 'will'meaning of "all hell broke loose"sausages at the butcher's?'To keep company' - slang expression or an expression of the spoken english?"...dropped it like it was ...", isn't it?I thought since 'idle mind is the devil's workshop', idle thoughts would be...What does 'decorating the mahagony' mean?What does 'chapter and verse' mean?What is the meaning and origin of the phrase 'a castle in the sky'?promising vs promisedwhere to use solitary?What does migrate mean?