Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to attract; to pull; to sketch; to depict with lines; to conclude
draw
experiment
reject
transcend
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of produce (noun)

ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Difference between deduct and reduce | Do you have questions not about elephants?
listening exercises
Meaning of produce (noun) #1 (permalink) Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:06 am   Meaning of produce (noun)

Test No. errors/advan-3 "The audience went wild", question 7

Most of the production like fruit and vegetables that you find in this supermarket has been imported.

(a) Most
(b) production
(c) fruit
(d) imported

Test No. errors/advan-3 "The audience went wild", answer 7

Most of the produce like fruit and vegetables that you find in this supermarket has been imported.

Correct entry: produce
The error was: (b) production

You have not found the error.
Most of the production like fruit and vegetables that you find in this supermarket has been imported.

i don't understand about this correction, can you explain more
khanh

Produce #2 (permalink) Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:21 am   Produce

This word means things, usually food that you can buy in a supermarket.
Co-founder
Alan Townend

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of produce (noun) #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 14, 2005 0:09 am   Meaning of produce (noun)

Is this sentence correct too?

Most of the products like fruit and vegetables that you find in this supermarket has been imported.

Regards:)
Katarzyna
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Produce vs. products #4 (permalink) Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:59 am   Produce vs. products

Well, produce refers to agricultural products, especially fruits and vegetables.
The word products describes all the articles you can buy in a supermarket - food as well as non food.

TOEIC listening, question-response: How long did you work at ATZ corporation?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Meaning of produce (noun) #5 (permalink) Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:20 pm   Meaning of produce (noun)

Thanks Torsten. It makes sense to me now. My answer would suggest that most of the items sold at the supermarket are imported, what is usually not true.

Regards :)
Katarzyna
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Meaning of produce (noun) #6 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 am   Meaning of produce (noun)

In the given sentence, 'fruit' is singular while 'vegetables' is plural, do we normally address them that way? Is 'fruits' incorrect?
Khetu

Meaning of produce (noun) #7 (permalink) Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:03 am   Meaning of produce (noun)

'Fruit' is the usual plural. 'Fruits' is specifically used when we are discussing the varieties and differentiating them.

Difference between deduct and reduce | Do you have questions not about elephants?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Things such as "lives in the outskirts of"...A good dictionary for slang idiomsliability is not a debit or credit"out of a sense" vs "in a sense of"What does float one's boat mean?Meaning of 'Species'When do we use "their" and they're in the sentence?Throughout at the beginning of a sentence?How do elephants drink water with trunks?What does the expression 'seeing forest from trees' mean?Do we say 'to get hold of money' to say 'to make a lot of money'?meaning of deviateHe lost interest in it vs. he lost his interest