comprehensive; complete; finished
independent
minute
thorough
outdoor

question responses

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Even though he and her mother were all hunky dory again | The FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) is a national agency
question responses #16 (permalink) Mon Jan 10, 2011 15:49 pm   question responses

hello,my coaches

I've got some phreases that i didn't understand and i would be very grateful if you could help.Here they go:
what does double-glazing mean?

The second one:
Mike: 'He offered me a 50% discount. What should I do?'
Jane: '.........'

(a) Hold his hand down.
(b) Bite his hand down.
(c) Hold your hand in.
(d) Bite his hand off.

What this sentences mean,cause i don't understand non of them.

And this last one: 'I wonder what she'll get up to next.'

Thank you in advance
Besarta

Location: Kosova

question responses #17 (permalink) Mon Jan 10, 2011 20:20 pm   question responses

Double glazing: A two-pane window and door glass system, designed to minimise external noise and internal temperature loss.

If he offered 50% discount that means he offered it for half price (50% = 50 out of 100; half of 100). In that case the correct idiom would be (d).

I wonder what she'll get up to next = I wonder what she'll do next.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
question responses #18 (permalink) Fri Jan 14, 2011 21:57 pm   question responses

thank you a million
Besarta

Location: Kosova

Re: question responses #19 (permalink) Thu Mar 28, 2013 20:36 pm   Re: question responses

what is the main different between did you and do you? how and when in the sentences we are going to put it?
Tynaa

Location: Malaysia

question responses #20 (permalink) Thu Mar 28, 2013 22:26 pm   question responses

did you - past tense
do you - present tense
_________________

question responses #21 (permalink) Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:02 am   question responses

Hi Tynaa,

As you have asked, let me give you some examples. If I explain something to you now and want to know whether you have understood, I would say:

Do you understand my explanation?

If I explained something to you yesterday and I now want to know if you understood my explanation at that time, I would say:

Did you understand the explanation I gave you yesterday?

Note: What is the main difference between ....?

_________________

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Meaning of "early departure"?n the United States, a 401K plan allows a person to save for his/her retirementIf a company announces a recall, that means there is something wrong...Expression: keeping up with the JonesesExpression 'Cash in hand'why not we use the verb abandon?Resign versus quitWhat is exhausted?meaning of ShortfallDifference between pay cash and pay in cashWhat is a 'lump sum'?question responsesDifference between balance and cost